If the Rehabilitation Services Administration's misinterpretation of these jobs as unacceptable employment outcomes under WIOA is not challenged, Northern Transitions' ability to maintain these contracts and to provide other services to Sault Ste. Marie and surrounding area will be seriously jeopardized.
Please visit our Call to Action page and express your support for the AbilityOne program and Northern Transitions Inc. to your representatives in Congress.
AbilityOne Jobs at Northern Transitions Inc.
- NTI employed 32 persons with disabilities on our AbilityOne contracts
- NTI paid these individuals $410,000 in wages and health and welfare benefits
- These jobs ranged from $10.96 per hour to $15.26 per hour plus a $4.27 per hour health and welfare benefit
- AbilityOne Jobs at NTI include
- Janitorial, Groundskeeping and Snow Removal at the Soo Locks *
- Janitorial, Groundskeeping and Snow Removal at the US Customs and Border Protection Building*
- Park Attendant jobs at the Soo Locks Visitor's Center during the tourist season
- Economic impact on Sault Ste. Marie and surrounding area is estimated at $1.3 million.
* visit our Janitorial Services page for more information about these contracts.