The Rehabilitation Services Administration is reopening their discussion regarding accepting these jobs as appropriate outcomes for their consumers, as they always had been before misinterpretation of the term "competitive integrated employment" In the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act.
Northern Transitions' ability to maintain these contracts and to provide other services to Sault Ste. Marie and surrounding area needs your support.
AbilityOne Jobs at Northern Transitions Inc.
- NTI employed over 30 persons with disabilities on our AbilityOne contracts
- NTI paid these individuals $252,829 in wages and health and welfare benefits
- These jobs ranged from $11.63 per hour to $16.64 per hour plus a $4.41 per hour health and welfare benefit
- AbilityOne Jobs at NTI include
- Janitorial, Groundskeeping and Snow Removal at the Soo Locks *
- Janitorial, Groundskeeping and Snow Removal at the US Customs and Border Protection Building*
- Park Attendant jobs at the Soo Locks Visitor's Center during the tourist season
- Economic impact on Sault Ste. Marie and surrounding area is estimated at $1.3 million.
* visit our Janitorial Services page for more information about these contracts.